Published on 1 May 2013
Spamhaus Shoots The Messenger! Free Sven Olaf Kamphuis aka CB3ROB. We support The STOPhaus Movement.
With almost 90% of the world’s population connected to the internet, the media published and distributed on the web influences more humans than any other form of media on the planet. With power and influence such as this it is necessary to make sure all humans have access to the same media and that all media is able to be published by anyone. That is the only way to maintain a free and censorship-free internet and Sven Olaf Kamphuis aka CB3ROB knows that and has dedicated his life to fighting for that cause.
Recently the fight between defending your rights to access information freely and corporate interests has spilled over into the legal system, except this time they couldn’t shoot their opponent so they shot the messenger.
Imagine a battlefield and on each side is an army. The first Army sends over his messenger to discuss how to find an end resolution to the disagreements and BOOM…the rifle fires and the messenger falls. Is that even tolerable in the most sadistic and neathderthal cultures? This is exactly what happened in the case of Sven Olaf Kamphuis as a spokesman for multi-national ISPs working in cooperation as a group called The STOPhaus Movement.
The STOPhaus Movement is a collection of victims of The Spamhaus Project LTD, an international organization that claims to report spam sources and operates the world’s largest blacklist operation. The STOPhaus Movement launched a series of attacks against Spamhaus which led to their public image website at http://www.spamhaus.org being down for over a week. Spamhaus recruited Cloudflare, a US-based company with international server-structure that provides Content Delivery Services and DDoS Mitigation. Cloudflare placed Spamhaus’ NS Records behind their Anycast system and distributed the payload across their own network. In their mitigation process, Cloudflare caused collateral damages from a targeted attack. Some speculate that this was intentional.
Read more ►
The STOPhaus Movement ►
Donation Campaign for Arrested Anons (FreeAnons) ►
Radio AnonOps » The Official Radio Station ►
- Hacker behind massive Internet slowdown not shy about anti-Semitism (timesofisrael.com)
- Suspect Arrested Over ‘Biggest Cyber Attack Ever’ (techweekeurope.co.uk)
- Authorities investigate CyberBunker “minister” over cyber attacks (slashgear.com)
- ON POINT: Cybercrime Morphs Into Cyberwar (strategypage.com)
- Hacktivists Demand the Release of CB3ROB, Threaten to Launch Attacks (news.softpedia.com)
- Anonymous Free CB3ROB (anoncentral.tumblr.com)
- Sven Olaf Kamphuis Arrested in Spamhaus Attack, “biggest attack u humans have ever experienced” Now Threatened (riehlworldview.com)
- STOPhausDDoS: Suspect in Custody (blogs.cisco.com)
- numerology for Sven Olaf Kamphuis (newsnumerology.com)
- When spammers go to war: Behind the Spamhaus DDoS (arstechnica.com)