Published on 25 Jan 2013
North Korea has threatened to attack South Korea if Seoul joins a new round of tightened UN sanctions, as Washington unveils more of its own economic restrictions following Pyongyang’s rocket launch last month.
In a third day of fiery rhetoric, North Korea directed its verbal onslaught at its neighbour on Friday, saying: “‘Sanctions’ mean a war and a declaration of war against us”.
The reclusive country this week declared a boycott of all dialogue aimed at ending its nuclear programme and vowed to conduct more rocket and nuclear tests after the UN security council censured it for a long-range missile launch in December and expanded existing sanctions.
“If the puppet group of traitors takes a direct part in the UN ‘sanctions’, the DPRK [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea] will take strong physical counter-measures against it,” North Korea’s committee for the peaceful reunification of Korea said, referring to its neighbour.
The committee is Pyongyang’s front for dealings with Seoul.
On Thursday, the US placed economic sanctions on two North Korean bank officials and a Hong Kong trading company that it accused of supporting Pyongyang’s proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
The company, Leader (Hong Kong) International Trading, was blacklisted by the United Nations on Wednesday.
Seoul has said it will look at whether there are any further sanctions it can implement alongside the US, but said the focus for now is to follow security council resolutions.
The resolution said the council “deplores the violations” by North Korea of its previous resolutions, which banned Pyongyang from conducting further ballistic missile and nuclear tests and from importing materials and technology for those programmes. It does not impose new sanctions on Pyongyang.
The US had wanted to punish North Korea for the rocket launch with a security council resolution that imposed new sanctions against Pyongyang, but China rejected that option. Beijing agreed to UN sanctions against Pyongyang after North Korea’s 2006 and 2009 nuclear tests.
North Korea’s rhetoric this week amounted to some of the angriest outbursts against the outside world since Kim Jong-un took over as leader after the death of his father, Kim Jong-il, in late 2011.
On Thursday, North Korea said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test, directing its ire at the US, a country it called its “sworn enemy”.
The US defence secretary, Leon Panetta, said the comments were worrying.
“We are very concerned with North Korea’s continuing provocative behaviour,” he said at a Pentagon news conference. “We are fully prepared … to deal with any kind of provocation from the North Koreans. But I hope in the end that they determine that it is better to make a choice to become part of the international family.”
North Korea is not believed to have the technology to deliver a nuclear warhead capable of hitting the continental US, although its December launch showed it had the capacity to deliver a rocket that could travel 6,200 miles (10,000km), potentially putting San Francisco in range, according to an intelligence assessment by South Korea.
Seoul and others who have been closely observing activities at North Korea’s known nuclear test grounds believe Pyongyang is technically ready to go ahead with its third atomic trial and is awaiting the political decision of its leader.
North Korea’s committee also declared on Friday that a landmark agreement it signed with South Korea in 1992 on eliminating nuclear weapons from the peninsula was invalid, repeating its long-standing accusation that Seoul was colluding with Washington.
The foreign ministry of China, North Korea’s sole remaining major diplomatic and economic benefactor, repeated its call for calm on the peninsula at its daily briefing on Friday.
“The current situation on the Korea peninsula is complicated and sensitive,” spokesman Hong Lei said. “We hope all relevant parties can see the big picture, maintain calm and restraint, further maintain contact and dialogue, and improve relations, while not taking actions to further complicate and escalate the situation.”
But unusually prickly comments in Chinese state media on Friday hinted at Beijing’s exasperation.
News and Politics
FAIR USE NOTICE: These Videos may contain copyrighted (©) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available to advance understanding of ecological, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior general interest in receiving similar information for research and educational purposes
- N Korea warns South on sanctions (bbc.co.uk)
- North Korea warns of ‘war’ over sanctions (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- N Korea threatens war with South over sanctions (abc.net.au)
- NKorea threatens war with South over U.N. sanctions… (reuters.com)
- North Korea threatens war with South over U.N. sanctions (news.yahoo.com)
- North Korea nuclear threats likely overblown, experts say (foxnews.com)
- Envoy: SKorea’s Park open to dialogue with NKorea (hosted.ap.org)
- South Korea PM won’t tolerate North’s nuclear threats, envoy says (cbc.ca)
- N.Korea Threatens War With S.Korea Over UN Sanctions (ibtimes.com)
- North Korea threatens war with South over U.N. sanctions (thehimalayantimes.com)
Published on 25 Jan 2013
Important Video: http://youtu.be/_yy3YJBOw_o
A Unlikely but Relevant Risk: The Solar Killshot:http://youtu.be/X0KJ_dxp170
Gulf Stream: http://rads.tudelft.nl/gulfstream/
GOES X-ray imager:http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sxi/goes15/index.html
Reventador Plots: http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads…
NDBC Buoys: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
Tropical Storms: http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/
HurricaneZone Satellite Images:http://www.hurricanezone.net/westpacific/animations.html
Weather Channel: http://www.weather.com/
NOAA Environmental Visualization Laboratory:http://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/Default.php
Pressure Maps: http://www.woweather.com/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=us&MENU=0000000000&…
Satellite Maps: http://www.woweather.com/cgi-app/satellite?LANG=us&CONT=namk
EL DORADO WORLD WEATHER MAP:http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/satellite/ssec/world/world-composite-ir-…
TORCON: http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index[Tornado Forecast for the day]
GOES Satellites: http://rsd.gsfc.nasa.gov/goes/
THE WINDMAP: http://hint.fm/wind/
Severe Weather Threats: http://www.weather.com/news/weather-severe/severe-weather-tracker
Canada Weather Office Satellite Composites:http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/satellite/index_e.html
SOHO Solar Wind: http://umtof.umd.edu/pm/
HAARP Data Meters: http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/data.html
Planetary Orbital Diagram – Ceres1 JPL:http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=ceres;orb=1;cov=0;log=0;cad=0#orb
NASA ENLIL SPIRAL:http://iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080/IswaSystemWebApp/iSWACygnetStreamer?timestamp=…
NOAA ENLIL SPIRAL: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/wsa-enlil/
GOES Xray: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sxi/goes15/index.html
Gamma Ray Bursts: http://grb.sonoma.edu/
BARTOL Cosmic Rays:http://neutronm.bartol.udel.edu//spaceweather/welcome.html
NOAA Sunspot Classifications:http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/latest/SRS.txt
JAPAN Radiation Map: http://jciv.iidj.net/map/
RADIATION Network: http://radiationnetwork.com/
QUAKES LIST FULL: http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/seismologist.php
RSOE: http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php [That cool alert map I use]
- 3-Minute Earth and Space Weather News January 25, 2013: Comet PANSTARRS (consciouslifenews.com)
- 3MIN News January 24, 2013: NASA’s “Big” Announcement (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- 3MIN News December 22, 2012 (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- 3MIN News December 24, 2012: Storm Euclid (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- 2MIN News December 23, 2012: NASA Stereo B HI1 Sees Earth [Stereo A Next!] (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- 3MIN News December 20, 2012: “I AM HAARP” (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- 3MIN News December 14, 2012 (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- 3MIN News Dec.17th 2012: Earthquake/Solar Flare Watches Begin (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- 3MIN News January 23, 2013 (incendiusphasma.wordpress.com)
- 3 Minutes News – Saturn Storm Confirmation – 18 January 2013 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
Published on 23 Jan 2013
Alex continues his coverage of the government and corporate media attack on the Second Amendment on the Wednesday, January 23 edition of the Alex Jones Show. Alex also covers the hysteria over children wielding bubble and paper guns as the irrational paranoia over firearms infects grade schools and society at large thanks to the corporate media and government education. On today’s show, Alex talks with renowned author and humanitarian Dr. Jim Garrow about his Facebook post that Obama is now using a new litmus test for the military to determine if they will fire on US citizens. Alex also talks with Cenk Uygur, the main host and co-founder of the Internet and talk radio show, The Young Turks.
WEBSITES TO CHECK OUT:
- Alex Jones Show: Tuesday (11-27-12) John McAfee, Lord Monckton & Nigel Farage (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Cenk Uygur’s extended, unedited interview with Alex Jones (Part 1) (current.com)
- Alex Jones Show: Wednesday (12-5-12) Full Show (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- New Military Job Qualifications (youviewed.com)
- Alex Jones Show: Sunday (12-9-12) Ben Fuchs (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Cenk Uygur To Alex Jones During Heated Interview: ‘Have You Ever Sought Mental Health Treatment?’ (mediaite.com)
- Shock Claim From 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee James Garrow: Obama Only Wants Military Leaders Who He Believes ‘Will Fire On U.S. Citizens’ (patdollard.com)
- Cenk Uygur Asks Alex Jones, ‘Have You Ever Sought Mental Health Treatment?’ (alternet.org)
- The Alex Jones Show 2013-01-22 Tuesday – Lloyd Chapman – Max Keiser (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens (gunmartblog.com)