Chinese navy holds drills as protests against Japan ramps upPosted: September 16, 2012
Published on Sep 16, 2012 by AlJazeeraEnglish
China conducted military drills in the East China Sea over the weekend, amid tensions with neighbour Japan over disputed islands in the area.
Footage aired by China Central Television showed naval ships, submarines and aircraft conducting exercises with live fire.
Al Jazeera’s Marga Ortigas reports from Hong Kong.
This video uses copyrighted material in a manner that does not require approval of the copyright holder. It is a fair use under copyright law.Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educationalor personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
- Meanwhile In Beijing: “For The Respect Of The Motherland, We Must Go To War With Japan” (zerohedge.com)
- Tora Tora Tora (theburningplatform.com)
- More anti-Japan protests in China (cbsnews.com)
- More anti-Japan protests in China over islands (miamiherald.com)
- Chinese state-owned media: China should “drop an atomic bomb” on Japan (japanprobe.com)
- China struggles to channel anger as anti-Japan protests resume (news.yahoo.com)
- Anti-Japan protests across China over disputed islands… (telegraph.co.uk)
- Island Dispute Fuels Violent Anti-Japanese Protests in China (newsy.com)
- Thousands Of Chinese Protesters Besiege Japanese Embassy In Beijing Over Disputed Islands (businessinsider.com)
- Chinese protesters clash with police outside Japanese embassy (+video) (csmonitor.com)