‘Pentagon freaks creep into China’s backyard’Posted: April 5, 2012
Uploaded by RussiaToday on Apr 4, 2012
The first rotation of about 200 US marines has arrived in Australia on a six-month training deployment. A total of 2,500 troops are expected to arrive over the next few years in Darwin to enhance the US’s military presence in the Asia-Pacific – it adds to America’s military footprint in such countries as Japan, the Philippines and Singapore – all in China’s backyard. For more on the story RT talks to Asia Times roving correspondent Pepe Escobar.
- 2,500 marines in Australia ‘new battlefront for US’? (1oneday.wordpress.com)
- Web Freedom: Censor at home, export liberty (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Escobar on Fukushima email leak: ‘Deleting data a cover-up’ (fukushimaupdate.com)
- Uncle Sam Is Back (ppgreview.ca)
- First American Troop Deployment Lands In Australia (inquisitr.com)
- US Military Strategy to Asia: Poke a Stick In China’s Eye (rightways.wordpress.com)
- China Boosts Defense Budget by 11.2 Percent (ibtimes.com)
- Embracing the Military Industrial Complex (wmmbb.wordpress.com)
- | US continues to arm anti-government rebels in Syria! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Billo: The risks of America’s Asia strategy (cnn.com)
Copyright Disclaimer: Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.